Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Beginning Little Hearts

Hi all! It has been quite some time since I have taken a moment to blog. I hate that I let it fall by the wayside, but we were just way too busy this summer. We are in our second week of Little Hearts for His Glory and having fun with our kindergarten year. I just wanted to share some pictures. Some are from this summer and some from this week.

Coin rubbings during Little Hands to Heaven



Over the summer, Brina finished the second reader from All About Reading Level 1.
Someone is making a silly face while coloring. :)

Concentrating on coloring for her etching
 
Finally getting close to a finished product! She used mine as a guide.

Making a ten staircase with cusinaire rods. I highly suggest checking out education unboxed videos. These are great for developing number sense and working on place value.

We are using Singapore Essentials K for now. The A Book is very easy, so we are doing a couple pages from it every day.

Then, we move on to a couple pages in book B as well. I want her to feel confident and challenged at the same time She is doing well with both. We were using unifix cubes for addition problems, but she seems to understand them better with cuisinaire rods since working through some of the videos I mentioned before. She was able to quickly pick out which rod would answer the number sentence.
 
We have moved into our makeshift school room. It is nowhere near done right now. Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed to have pictures of it, but I thought it might be nice for other people to realize that not all homeschoolers have perfect homes. You all know what I mean! Also, we often do school in our pajamas. My kindergartener has sensory issues and feels that most going out clothes are too binding. As you can see, she also has favorites. I don't know how we ended up with the same gown in the pictures as they were taken probably around a month or so apart. Oh well, I aim to show real life and that is exactly what you are getting!
 
We have had a great first two weeks with Little Hearts! Here's to hoping for many more!

1 comment:

  1. No judgement from me!!! We're often in our jammies, too, and we don't even have a valid reason like sensory issues. Oh, and my kitchen counter ALWAYS a mess...I try to crop it out of the pictures! (Besides, I honestly think the background in these pictures is just fine!)

    It's fun to see what you're working on. Brina looks very pretty in the first picture of this post :)

    ReplyDelete