Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kindergarten Selections for 2015-2016

I just can't believe it. My youngest child has started K this year. Siriana will be 6 in November and is very enthusiastic about school-most of the time. She is a very serious, smart girl that we just couldn't live without.

Here's a pic of our beauty. Don't let the sweet smile fool you. :)

So Siri has the advantage of being the second homeschooled child. She was started earlier than her sister was. She has completed the majority of Heart of Dakota Little Hands to Heaven and about 10 units of My Father's World Kindergarten. She has also completed half of All About Reading Level 1, Singapore Essentials K math and half of Christian Light Education's KII series. She has been a busy girl.

I had originally planned to use Heart of Dakota's Little Hearts for His Glory with her, but, just like with her sister, we have switched gears this year. I scoured the internet, read blogs and did my research. Here is what we have chosen.

For our core, curriculum, we will use My Father's World Learning God's Story. We are using the entire kit for now minus the art. So far, the selections are working quite well for her. She is currently on week 4.


Math: We will likely add more math at some point in the year-probably after Christmas. We will use Christian Light Education's 1st grade program.


Art: For art, we are using Home Art Studio's 2nd grade program with both girls. We have done 2 lessons from this DVD and it's a hit. The art lessons are based around fairy tales.


Siri is also following along in My Father's World Adventures with her older sister. Hopefully, I will have some posts of our school days up soon. It has been an amazing year so far, so I would love to share how our days are going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment